Sunday, February 21, 2016

Marigold Studio | Floral Mother's Day Tag Card

Hello! Today I have a Mother's Day Card for you. I had bought the Avery Elle Gift Tags dies and co-ordinating Gift Tags clear stamp set some time back and was really wanting to use it in a project as a focal point. 

The card I had in mind was soft hued, but with a pop of color to brighten someone's day!
I started by stamping the tag in Stampin' Up's Tangerine Tango Ink Pad, and used Avery Elle Fizz ink in softer orange tones to stamp the sentiment. The banner was stamped using Avery Elle Build A Banner stamp set with the Happy Mother's Day sentiment came from Stampin' Up's Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.


I tucked a leaf die cut and some stamped and punched flowers behind the scroll and added clear rhinestones to the flower centers for a little bling. A polka dotted yellow washi tape added a touch of brightness to the focal point. 


Finally, I assembled the card on a white card base, with a mat of light blue patterned paper die cut using the My Favorite Things Stitched Rounded Rectangles STAX die set, and tying an orange jute twine with a bow. I added a couple buttons and silver sequins to complete the look. I also rounded off the corners and added a faux stitched detail on the outside using an orange gel pen. 


I decorated the inside of the card with a stitched blue mat and a "celebrate" die from Little B Handwritten dies.
Hope you liked my creation! I'd love to know if you use tags in your creations as a focal point.
Thanks for stopping by and visiting me today!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

#averyellestamps, #LittleB, #stampinup



SUPPLIES:

3 comments:

  1. Very bright and happy. Love it. Thanks for joining us at PDE Linky Party.
    DT Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy, My Blog
    Sunny Day Crafting, Photo Inspiration Chs
    Paper Play Sketches, Sketch Chs
    PDE Linky Party, Anything Goes Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, lovely colors and accents. Thank you for joining us at PDE Linky Party.

    Sue - PDE Linky Party DT
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete